Hi,

I´ve just using sqlalchemy 0.5.1 with python 2.6 and turbogers, but I
found a little problem trying to configurate adjacency relationship
with declarative base.

My object class is something like this:

class QueryGroup(DeclarativeBase):
    __tablename__ = 'queries_group'

    qry_grp_id = Column(Smallinteger, primary_key=True)
    qry_grp_desc = Column(Unicode(20), nullable=False)
    parent_id = relation('QueryGroup', backref='parent')

When I try to generate my tables, I get an error like this:

sqlalchemy.exc.ArgumentError: Could not determine join condition
between parent/
child tables on relation QueryGroup.parent_id.  Specify a
'primaryjoin' expressi
on.  If this is a many-to-many relation, 'secondaryjoin' is needed as
well.

How can I specify the correct statement?

Using traditional mapper approach, I can do:

queries_group = Table(...)

mapper(QueryGroup, queries_group, properties={
    'children': relation(QueryGroup, cascade="all",
                            backref=backref("parent", remote_side=
[queries_group.c.qry_grp_id]))
    }
)

Can I do the same using declarative style? How?

Thanks in advance.
---
Maxi.