On Aug 3, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Paul Hemans wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with SQLalchemy on IronPython? I was
> considering using it as part of a platform and would like to find out
> if there are problems before I got in too deep.

There's the thread linked from here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/455469/ironpython-db-api-2-0

The 0.6 branch would be the place to start, it currently works with
Jython via its zxjdbc DBAPI driver (currently with mysql/postgres/some
oracle). I don't know if IronPython has any native DBAPI drivers --
supposedly Django has had some success on it but I don't know how.

0.6's dialect handling was refactored to more easily handle databases
with different 'connectors' such as zxjdbc, pg8000 and pypostgresql.
The latter two are pure python drivers that might be a target for use
with IronPython if there's no other drivers available.

Also various bugs have been shaken out on that branch for Jython
that'd help IronPython -- things relating to running without a ref
counting GC and GIL, and reliance on dict ordering.

--
Philip Jenvey