Hi!

I was just curious, if it is possible to add a method to an ORM mapped
object, because I'd like to assemble a string within that object.

Here's what I'd like to do:

class page():
    def __init__(self, name, title, content):
        self.name = name
        self.title = title
        self.content = content

    def getRendered():
        return '%s\n%s' % (self.title, self.content)
        # well.. a bit more complicated than this, but you get the
idea

page_table = table (...)
mapper (...)

# somewhere else:
myPage = ... # querry a page
print(myPage.getRendered())

The problem ist that the mapper call overwrites anything, I can't
access getRendered the normal way. Is there an easy work'round or do I
have to assemble the rendered output outside the object? The
documentation doesn't say a word about this case. :(

Thanks in advance

Andy