Xavian wrote:
> 1) Is there a way to give SqlSoup hints on how to handle the lack of a
> primary key so that the selection and mapping magic will work
> correctly instead of raising a PKNotFoundError exception?

SQLSoup tables are all mapped classes.   a mapper() always needs a primary
key.   so at the very least you'd need to *identify* a primary key on the
table and specify it to the mapper, although I don't know that SQLSoup
allows options like that through.

> 2) Barring that, is there a way to pass row column values to a
> function that will generate a MappedItemattribs instance so I can
> access fields as members instead of having to use offsets I'd need to
> via execute() results?

unfortunately SQLSoup is a lot simpler than that and you'd have to hack
into it to get the results you want.

> I really really like SqlSoup and was hoping it would save me grief of
> raw SQL against these legacy tables, but if I find more tables I need
> to query that lack primary keys, I'd wondering if it might just be
> easier to use raw MySQLdb instead of trying to mix-n-match approaches.
> I'm worried about anyone else (or myself) being able to follow/
> maintain this code later if I have to use a full hybrid approach.

there is the option to use the SQLAlchemy ORM directly ?    sqlsoup is not
really supported very much.