Yes, I'm using this in a CherryPy threaded web app. One request could
take a long time, based on search criteria. But each query runs in
it's own thread, with it's own isolated session.

I have a sessionmaker in my constructor:

        def __init__(self,dsn):
                self.engine = create_engine
(dsn,pool_size=20,max_overflow=5)
                #self.engine.echo = True # for SQL verbosity
                self.engine.echo = False
                self.Session = sessionmaker(bind=self.engine)

and in my GET/POST/PUT/DELETE, I actually create and destroy the
session:

               session = self.Session()
               session.close()

Thanks for your time,