Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Michael Bayer wrote:
>> I am currently using 0.5.5. While developing an application I found that
>> generating tables from a declarative model resulted in undesirable /
>> incorrect column types, so I had to create the tables using a SQL script
>> directly.
>
> the exact column types desired should always be available by using
> UPPERCASE types, and if that doesn't work then just creating custom types
> that do what you need as described in the documentation.

I'll find time within a couple of weeks to provide you with a model
definition to illustrate the problems I am seeing.

>> Also, percious had to add explicit casting into Sprox to make sure that
>> integer column values from the db were cast as ints, which is not needed
>> for PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQLite.
>
> While I don't know that chris ever posted trac tickets for these issues,
> my testing has shown that in almost all cases, cx_oracle returns an int.
> There were a few edge cases regarding RETURNING where it did not so there
> are adjustments in 0.6 for this.

This was just discovered a couple of days ago in my testing. Oracle is
apparently used by very few people in the OSS community, so there is not
as much testing as for the FLOSS databases. The fact that Oracle's XE
version is completely free/beer also for commercial use seems to be
little known, Oracle is regarded as an expensive solution and hence
often dismissed in favor of traditional free alternatives.

> I really don't know since you havent provided any sample code to
> illustrate the behavior you are seeing.   We do have unit tests which
> ensure the correct behavior.   As I said I did identify some edge cases
> where cx_oracle doesn't convert to int but it is only when using OUT
> parameters.
>
> these are all small issues and all we need are succinct and definitive
> tests that illustrate the behaviors in question.

As I said above, I will create such tests for you soon.

Thanks again,

--
Teemu Yli-Elsilä