Keyword.cookbooks ??
there is no Keyword.cookbooks defined in the example... I could
imagine it, but its not there as is

Session.query(Keyword) is straightforward.. thats the same for any
class

"a specific Cookbook as parent".. I dont know about parents, or
specific parents, yet

I imagined that with the many-to-many defined, I could say
"all cookbooks with this keyword"
or
"all keywords in this cookbook"

but I dont get that yet...