What would be the recommended method of mapping something like a Money
class - objects that are a basic value + descriptor where the
descriptor (in this example currency) is more than just a primitive
variable?

For example:

class Currency(object):
        def __init__(self, code, descrip):
                self.code = code
                self.descrip = descrip

class Money(object):
        def __init__(self, value, currency):
                self.value = value
                self.currency = currency

class Product(object):
        def __init__(self, code, cost):
                self.code = code
                self.cost = cost

My first thought was to apply a composite mapping to the Product
table.  If a money value was simply Money(10.00,'EUR') it is
straightforword. However, I want the full use of a Currency object
( i.e. Money(10.00,Currency('EUR')) ). I also don't want to map a
separate table (a many-to-many relation) just to record monetary
values for a Product object. Is it possible to apply a foreign key
within a composite mapping?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Another example of these value + descriptor type objects would be
weights and measures (e.g. 10lb, 20km, etc.).

Thanks,
Mark