> if you're using foreign keys correctly, that would imply there's an entity
> with an id of "0", and you'd attach that Context to each Task, replacing
> the old Context to be deleted.

Michael, thanks for the usual thorough response.  Yes, there is a
Context entity with a unique (non-primary) id of zero, it is "No
Context' but it is treated exactly the same as any other Context.  The
reason for this is that the local sqlite database being managed
through SQLA is kept in sync with a remote database that (for whatever
reason) explicitly sets the 'No Context" context_id to zero and not
NULL.  As you indicate, it is possible to iterate through the list of
Tasks and explicitly set the context_id to zero, I just wanted to
confirm what you indicated that the setting of the foreign key to NULL
on the parent in a delete is hardwired and so I just need to work
around that.  Again, thanks for the help.

Steve