Hi,

I am calling the append_colum method on a Table several times to
create several columns. The changes are not made apparent inside the
database, do I have to perform some other task to make this happen?

I read something about UpdateModel but I have tried this and it still
fails to work as I require it to. It just prints:

table 'tablename' exists only in model, skipping

In fact it is not true that the table only exists in the model but the
columns only exist in the model and thus need to be written to the
database.

If I am barking up the wrong tree so to speak then can someone please
advise me how I can add columns to existing tables in the true
SQLAlchemy, abstract manor?

Thanks very much,
Tom