Hi there,

The relation() logic lets you write an additional filter into a relation
if you provide your own primaryjoin.

The case I'm dealing with is a case where I want to take over the
primaryjoin that is autogenerated by the RelationProperty object, but
amend it with an extra filter.

This turns out to be surprisingly difficult to do in the current
codebase. In fact I haven't made it work properly yet.

Is there a reason this hook isn't available? Perhaps it's because in my
use case I know there is a certain column available on the child table
no matter what table it is, and that's not so common.

I imagine an optional callable that takes the parent and child tables as
arguments and can return a custom filter expression on them. I haven't
thought through how this works with many to many relationships yet though.

Regards,

Martijn