Gaetan de Menten wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to work around the Session.mapper deprecation warning
> in Elixir by providing the same functionality within Elixir. The
> question is whether _ScopedExt is considered deprecated too ? I guess
> it is but want to make sure to not duplicate code needlessly...

Yeah that would be part of it.

I was going to advise that you make your extension call the original init
first, *then* add to the session, since most issues are related to the
current ordering.   This is still doable, but if you are using the
"init_instance" events we have, it seems like those are hardwired to
trigger the event before the old initializer runs.  hmm.  Although, the
reverse ordering may have just as many issues and even the same ones, as
the object can be added to the session via cascades and similar.