Heyho!

Is there a tutorial on vertical partitioning?

I have a table "Entry" and a table "EntryFlags" (1:1 relation from
EntryFlags to Entry).  The idea is that while there is a large number of
"Entry" rows only a small number has flags set (and thus needs an entry in
EntryFlags; note that they don't need to be booleans, despite the name).

So having a separate table for the EntryFlags keeps the rows of Entry
smaller and should also speed up if I select by certain flags.

How do I represent this in sqlalchemy?

Obviously I can trivially do the relation stuff to get entry.flags.myflag,
but nicer would be having the columns from the EntryFlags table appear in
Entry as if they were inline, returning a default value where an EntryFlags
column doesn't exist.  (Bonus for removing the EntryFlags row if all values
are back to default ;-)

Thanks in advance.

-- vbi

--
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
regarded as a criminal offence.