create_all (and drop_all) have a 'checkfirst' parameter that defaults to True.
If you set it to False, SA won't check to see if your tables already exist
before issuing the CREATE statements:

<http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/05/reference/sqlalchemy/schema.html#sqlalchemy.schema.MetaData.create_all>

Hope that helps,

Simon