Greetings all

I have spent almost two days trying to figure this out, so I hope somebody
can help me.

Platform info:

Python 2.5.4
Operating system : Windows XP
Database : SQL Server 2008 running on Windows server 2008.
sqlAlchemy 0.5.6 using sqlSoup and pyODBC version 2.1.6

My problem is when I am trying to execute a stored procedure and use the
commit and rollback features of sqlAlchemy.

When I execute a simple stored procedure, one that inserts a row into a
table and returns one result, it works as expected. It executes successfully
and returns the expected result. (NOTE : I have had to resort to a couple of
caveats in order for this to work - to see what I mean see the attached
file.). When I try to execute another quite complex stored procedure it
returns the expected results, generates no errors, fails silently - but the
inserts/updates it should have executed is not present in the database.

I have compiled an example script to demonstrate the problem (attached). The
first simple stored procedure works as expected. The second complex stored
procedure *only* persists to the database if 'COMMIT' is appended. The third
(the same stored procedure and same parameters as the second) executes
successfully, returns the expected output - but *doesn't* persist its
changes to the database.

I need to be able to execute the stored procedure inside a transaction so
that I can rollback/commit at the appropriate time, however if I include
'COMMIT' as described above it is commited (obviously :) ) prematurely.

--
Nicolaas