Thanks for both ideas. Hmmm.... when I compile my select( ) statement
it still has the %(param_1) parameter format instead of the :param_1
format.   That seems to make the execute complain about syntax later
on.  Must be missing something... Anyway, serializer is easier and
zlib compressing helps the size. Thanks for your great response!