Hi

Does sqlalchemy support mysql extended insert syntax?

I have been chasing down very slow performance. My program generates a
whole bunch of data then does a big SA commit() at the end, which is
proving to be inconveniently slow.

This is a raw import of a mysqldump without extended inserts

dbregress$ time mysql -ubees -pbees tt_test < up50ma.dbdump6

real    0m33.043s
user    0m1.343s
sys     0m1.572s
dbregress$

Which roughly corresponds to the time it is taking SA to do the
commit.

This is a raw import using extended inserts:

dbregress$ time mysql -ubees -pbees tt_test < up50ma.dbdump6.e

real    0m5.517s
user    0m0.081s
sys     0m0.024s
dbregress$

Which is clearly noticeably faster.

Also this is for a test dataset, the real dataset is much larger, and
when used the final commit can take upwards of 25 minutes.

I could not see anything in the documentation regarding this,
apologies if i missed something. I tried periodic commits vs a single
commit at the end but this did not offer any real difference in
performance, and also introduced other issues.