On Nov 7, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Jon Nelson wrote:

>  File "pg8000/protocol.py", line 121, in serialize
>    val = struct.pack("!i", len(val) + 4) + val
> UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x8d in position
> 3: ordinal not in range(128)

make sure you're on the latest tip of pg8000, which these days seems
to be at http://github.com/mfenniak/pg8000/tree/trunk .  It also
adheres to the client encoding of your PG database, which you should
make sure is on utf-8.

But its not going to render an INSERT...VALUES with multiple
parameters in one big string, so if that's your goal you need to
generate that string yourself.    I'm surprised that sqlite, per your
observation, parses an INSERT statement and re-renders it with
multiple VALUES clauses ?    very surprising behavior.