I ran across this when writing some new code. I incorrectly appended
something to a relation and sent SA 0.5.6 off into an infinite loop until
max recursion depth was reached.

Obviously this is a coding bug on my part, but is it also a bug in SA that
should be fixed? I don't have access to 0.6 right now to see if the problem
is there also.

class A(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'a'
    a_id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)

class B(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'b'
    b_id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    a_id = Column(Integer, ForeignKey('a.a_id'))
    a = relation('A', backref='b')

a=A()
b=B()
x={22:33}     # does not loop if dictionary is empty
a.b.append(b, x)   # <-- goes into infinite loop, should be a.b.append(b)
which works OK

--
Mike Conley