Hello!

I want to introduce an artificial root object into my model to obtain
a traversable container hierarchy:

class Root:
    foos = []
    bars = []

Foo and Bar are both mapped classes and I had hoped to be able to do
something like

mapper(Root,
       properties=dict(foos=relation(Foo), bars=relation(Bar))

It seems, however, that mapper insists on having *some* table to
select from (the error message I get is
"sqlalchemy.exc.ArgumentError: Mapper 'Mapper|Root|None' does not have
a mapped_table specified.").

Is there a clever way to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

Oliver

P.S.:

I know I can always resort to retrieving the foos and bars explicitly
with queries as in

class Root:
    @property
    def foos(self):
        return Session.query(Foo).all()

but I want to keep the ORM stuff out of my model (plus it vexes me
that I don't seem to be able to solve this issue...)