I would like to present my users a simple search box that searches a
table.

I have issues getting DataError when using the text input and trying
to do filter against a column that is an integer only column.

I want to have some code that takes a particular sqlalchemy column
object and attempts to convert a string to the column type so that it
can be used for filtering. Is there some way of doing this?

I tried something like... (key word is like here, I know it probably
isn't exactly correct)

myval = '10'
myval = mytable.c.some_id.type(myval)

I get an exception DataError.

I don't really understand how I could do what I want with pure
introspection like I do now.

-Tom