Excerpts from Tefnet Developers - Tomasz Jezierski's message of Tue Dec 01
19:06:31 -0300 2009:
> Dnia 2009-12-01, Wt o godzinie 18:45 +0100, Alexandre Conrad pisze:
> > Hey there,
> >
> > just wondering:
> >
> >     easy_install SQLAlchemy
> >
> > downloads and installs version 0.5.2. Shouldn't it be 0.5.6?
> >
> # easy_install SQLAlchemy
> Searching for SQLAlchemy
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/SQLAlchemy/
> Reading http://www.sqlalchemy.org
> Best match: SQLAlchemy 0.5.6
> Downloading
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/S/SQLAlchemy/SQLAlchemy-0.5.6.tar.gz#md5=
> 65c6d2007969bf5d70307afc65687391
> Processing SQLAlchemy-0.5.6.tar.gz
> Running SQLAlchemy-0.5.6/setup.py -q bdist_egg
> --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-biunCq/SQLAlchemy-0.5.6/egg-dist-tmp-S--F9w
> no previously-included directories found matching 'doc/build/output'
> zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
> sqlalchemy.databases.mysql: module MAY be using inspect.stack
> sqlalchemy.test.orm: module MAY be using inspect.getframeinfo
> sqlalchemy.test.orm: module MAY be using inspect.stack
> Adding SQLAlchemy 0.5.6 to easy-install.pth file
>
> Installed /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/SQLAlchemy-0.5.6-py2.5.egg
> Processing dependencies for SQLAlchemy
> Finished processing dependencies for SQLAlchemy

It seems it really depends on something related with
easy_install (I'm not sure what):
 I run the process for SqlAlchemy from a virtual environ using python
2.6 and it tried to install 0.5.6
 I then deactivate the virtualenv and tried from the easy_install from
distribution (Ubuntu 9.04, python2.6) and told me the best match was
0.5.3

BTW, you can always do
 easy_install "SqlAlchemy==0.5.6"

Mariano