On Dec 3, 2009, at 6:12 AM, Nicola Lacquaniti wrote:

> I tried the same thing, but I obtain an 'ORA-01843: not a valid month'
> message from the backend.

can you try 0.6 trunk please, and ensure you're on the latest version of
cx_oracle as well.  Oracle test coverage is not at 100% in 0.5 but is in trunk.
  You shouldnt need to affect any nls_date_format stuff.  its possible we dont
have coverage for Oracle TIMESTAMP and there's issues we haven't covered yet.