On Dec 9, 2009, at 6:56 PM, Peter wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am sorry I misinterpreted the error message that I mentioned in my
> previous mail:
>
> InvalidRequestError: Table 'accounts' is already defined for this
> MetaData instance.  Specify 'useexisting=True' to redefine options and
> columns on an existing Table object.
>
> Apparently, the error is not raised by the mapper command , but by the
> Table creation command :
>
>  accounts_table = Table('accounts', metadata,
>                          Column('guid', String(36),
>                          autoload=False )
>
> So how do I get rid of the Table instances ( without dropping the tables
> in the database ) ?
>

> I tried this one:
>
>   for table in metadata.sorted_tables:
>     metadata.remove(table)
>
> but same problem.

easiest is to start with a new MetaData object, or call clear() on the
MetaData() you have.   Surgically removing individual tables from a MetaData is
not really supported since it would involve removing related foreign key
information on other Table objects (and there's not much use for such a
feature).