Igor Katson wrote:

> Thanks, Michael, it's clear now. A was not thinking that Python's
> overhead might be more than RDBMS's one. After profiling my application
> with repoze.profile and apache ab,  I see that SQL only takes around 10%
> of the request serving time (being extremely fast and serving 1000
> requests in 1 second!), everything else is Python.

OK.  So let me add the last point, which is that if you're testing on a
database with not a lot of data and you get 1000 req/sec, but if your DB
later had tens of millions of rows and was less-than-optimized on
less-than-adequate hardware, the equation here can flip around again (as
it is on my current gig where we have a rapidly growing PG database on an
unmotivated amazon EC2 instance).