Hi All,

We're using single table inheritence in one of our projects but we have
some obsolete rows that are each mapped to their own python class.

If we remove the obsolete classes, when we try and do:

session.query(TheBaseClass)

...we get:

   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/SQLAlchemy-0.5.5-py2.5.egg/sqlalchemy/orm/mapper.py",

line 1742, in configure_subclass_mapper
     raise AssertionError("No such polymorphic_identity %r is defined" %
discriminator)
AssertionError: No such polymorphic_identity 'TheClassName' is defined

Is there any way to phrase that query as "just ignore rows where no
polymorphic mapper can be found"?

If not, I guess I need to do session.query(TheClassName).delete() before
I remove the code, right?

cheers,

Chris