On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:16, 诚子 <zhicheng1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> detial please see
>
> http://my.unix-center.net/~WeiZhicheng/2010/01/13/sqlalchemy-0-6-unicodedecodeerror-bug-patch/

Well, if I understand correctly, you would like a workaround for a bad
truncate algorithm in mysql (which apparently truncates in the middle
of a multi-byte character). Are you sure it's not a configuration
problem of mysql? I would be amazed if they don't provide a solution
to this problem (though that wouldn't be the first time I'm amazed at
mysql... sigh...).

Now, as to solve your problem (assuming it's not solvable on mysql's
side), I think passing another UnicodeDecodingError behavior for the
decoder would be a better generic solution. This is not yet possible
with the generic types on current SQLAlchemy.

See http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/ticket/1257

In the meantime, you are free to use a custom type, or type decorator
to provide whatever custom decoding mechanism you want. We can't
accept your patch though, as it is too specific to your case and would
provide a very unexpected behavior in some cases (what if the decoding
error is not at the end of the string?).

Hope it helps,
--
Gaëtan de Menten
http://openhex.org