Hi,

Every few days, when we experience higher loads we get sqlalchemy's

TimeoutError: QueuePool limit of size 5 overflow 10 reached,
connection timed out, timeout 30

Along with that I see an increase in (2-3 a minute):

(104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the
network

and

 (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

in my apache error logs.

Having checked over my pylons code a few times, the Session.remove()
should always be called.  I'm worried that the broken pipe or
connection reset by peer mean that remove isn't being called.

The server is running mod_wsgi with apaches mpm_worker with the
following config:

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
    StartServers         16
    MaxClients          480
    MinSpareThreads      50
    MaxSpareThreads     300
    ThreadsPerChild      30
    MaxRequestsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

and using mod_wsgi's daemon mode:

  WSGIDaemonProcess somename user=www-data group=www-data processes=4
threads=32

Is this somehow overkill?  The server is a well speced quad core with
8 gigs of ram and fast hard drives.

It also runs the database server (postgres).

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?  I've cross posted
this to both the mod_wsgi and sqlalchemy mailing lists - hope that's
ok as I believe this may be relevant to both groups.

Thanks,
Damian