Hello Everyone,

I am new to both sqlalchemy and elixir, but I have been using them for
the past couple of weeks and I really like them. But I have a question
about prepared statements for Postgresql.

For one specific application, I am doing a bunch of inserts
(200,000+). From what I can tell, it looks like these are not prepared
statements. I rewrote the code to issue prepared statements and this
cuts the insertion time in half, but the code is crude. My question's
are:

Is there a way to tell sqlalchemy or the engine (which would be
psycopg2, correct?) to use prepared statements?

I've noticed some opinions online indicating that psycopg2 does not
have prepared statement support (e.g. -
http://www.cerias.purdue.edu/site/blog/post/beware_sql_injections_due_to_missing_prepared_statement_support/)
- can I plug another engine into sqlalchemy that does?

If I can't do any of the above and just need to prepare the statements
manually, is there at least a method in sqlalchemy to properly quote
my data before sending it to postgres?

Thanks,
Phil