Michael Bayer wrote:
> razamatan wrote:
>> sqlsoup explicitly used a scoped session, but i would like to use a
>> shardedsession for my horizontally partitioned db.  is this supported
>> at all?  thanks.
>

> sure in 0.5 just swap out the Session global in sqlsoup.  in 0.6 you can
> set a session on a per-SqlSoup basis:
> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/06/reference/ext/sqlsoup.html?#sessions-transations-and-application-integration

let me add some more detail to this.   Just today someone tried sqlsoup in
trunk and we had to make some fixes for the "custom session" to work.

the SQLSoup object accepts the "session" with whatever binds it has
configured, but still takes the primary "engine" argument.  This can be
any engine for the shards in your environment, and it will use that engine
just to load the table definitions and detect the encoding.   the binds
within ShardedSession should take effect for everything else.