On Jan 24, 2010, at 4:14 AM, Christoph Burgmer wrote:

> On Jan 24, 3:52 am, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
>> As far as your "pick one table with given name X and ignore the others"
>> behavior that's some kind of registry logic you'd have to build yourself.
>
> Is there an easy way to replicate metadata.tables[]? Inserting my own
> dict object instead might not promise future compatibility. I need to
> keep track of new and deleleted table objects.

its a dictionary that uses table.key as keys and the Table object as values.
table.key as you know is "schema.name" or just "name".      that's pretty much
it.   The only intricacy with MetaData is that Table objects might reference
each other with ForeignKeys.   If you don't have any of those, tables can be
swapped in and out freely.