Hi Daniel,

Good question as I like to learn this way myself. I'm also just getting started, but I found the overview in the Pylons book to be helpful and a good intro (by my approximation at least) into to the pattern you're talking about. It might be a bit more basic than you're looking for, but I'll throw it out there if you haven't already taken a look:

http://www.pylonsbook.com

You can jump straight into Chapter 7:

http://pylonsbook.com/en/1.1/introducing-the-model-and-sqlalchemy.html

Good luck!
Mike

Daniel Strasser wrote:
Hello list

I'm using sqlalchemy quite a while now, but only for "informal"
projects and internal tools. So far, I've stored all models in a file
called db.py, from database initialization to methods for changing
data.

However, I'm planning a bigger project and I'm stuck with the question
how to use sqlalchemy in a better way.

Actually, I want to split models; meaning that i have i.e. a "person"
model and a "car" model, which are stored in seperate files. However,
I'm missing an example or information how to do this.

Does anyone have an overview about a complete project? I'm basically
missing the "big picture", or best practices:

   - where to store database initialization and configuration
   - how to store models in separate files, and how to interact with
them

Thanks
Daniel

--