On Jan 30, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Kent wrote:

> p__a, od__a, p__b, and od__b are aliases I've defined in order to work
> out this fairly complex query
>
> These joined aliases are being added to several of the outer selects
> where I didn't intend for them.  This is causing a cartesian product
> and killing the query.
>
> Any ideas?  (Instinct tells me you'd like a more concrete example,
> which tables, mappers, objects, etc..., but I was hoping this may be
> enough)

nothing comes to mind, except that its not surprising that use_ansi=False would
fail on such a complex query.    Its mechanism is not well tested, as I don't
believe use_ansi=False mode is hardly ever used - it was more of a proof of
concept sort of thing when SQLA was first created.

If you can narrow the issue down, its likely related to nesting and probably
over- or under-correlation as it appears there are extra tables being placed in
FROM clauses, a common issue, although the extra criterion at the end involving
these tables seems to imply a more serious issue.

It also may be possible, if necessary, to make direct usage of the
oracle._OuterJoinColumn construct to produce the (+) syntax directly, though
this would require separate query construction in the case of Oracle 8.