Hello,

I'm running sqlalchemy on python 2.4.3, with postgresql. My
application is multi-threaded, commits and queries are protected by a
python thread lock. I suspect that when running session.commit(), the
python global interpreter lock (GIL) remains owned by this thread
until the commit completes, such that other threads can not run until
the commit action completes (even thread that have nothing to do with
the database).
Is this correct?

Thanks,
 Eyal