Hi all
This unusual problem appeared today.
I have a mapper extension that gets called twice if I do a query on a relate_table while updating properties of a mapped object.
I do something like this:

myObj = myMappedObject

session.begin()
myObj.id = something
myObj.second = something
myObj.value = session.query(myRelatedObject).get(1)
myObj.third = xxxx

at this point my mapper extensions gets called twice, so I discovered that two consequent updates got fired by sqlalchemy, but only if I use the same session, if I use a second session to query the related object all goes well.

session.flush()
session.commit()

Is there a simple answer for this?