On 05/02/2010 00:27, Michael Bayer wrote:
On Feb 4, 2010, at 3:39 PM, werner wrote:

OK i see the point about the constructor, though I want to get across that
yes the constructor is optional with declarative, but you can still make
one.
Could the constructor be done in a similar way as you suggested to do the
"__repr__"?
it certainly can, but I'm really trying to make the tutorial look like "regular Python objects
like any Python beginner is familiar with".  you'd be surprised how thrown off people get even
by a simple "for k in kwargs: setattr(k, kwargs[k])" type of thing.
No I woudn't as I am one of them :-) , also by now I can figure this one out.

Thanks for the doc change, now even I will not overlook that section when I browse over the doc instead of reading it. :-[

Werner