On 2010-2-9 09:48, Chris Withers wrote:
I know that zope's transaction package aims to do just this, I wonder if
anyone's used that, or anything else, with SA to solve this problem?

You mean ZODB's transaction package? :). I use that all the time to get transactions working across multiple storage systems. Most commonly using repoze.tm2 to integrate with a WSGI stack, zope.sqlalchemy to integrate SQLAlchemy with transaction and repoze.filesafe to do transaction-safe file creation.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.