Manlio Perillo wrote:

> PoolListener is rather low level; if I use them I need to know in
> advance the secondary databases to attach.

What precisely is the use case for an application that will use a database
X, will be using remote schemas P, Q, and R, but its unreasonable for
those schemas P, Q and R to be configured along with the database
connectivity ?  I see an easy feature add to the SQLite dialect that would
allow:

create_engine('sqlite:///X.db', schemas=['p', 'q', 'r'])

Alternatively, I can even see using connection options for this, if you
want to attach to those schemas per connection:

conn = engine.connect().execution_options(sqlite_attach_schemas=['p', 'q',
'r'])