Let's say I've got simple structure Order-->Item-->Detail.

class Detail(Base):

class Order(Base):

class Item(Base):
  detail = relation(Detail, uselist=False, lazy=False)
  order = relation(Order, uselist=False, backref='items')

Of course I can specify order_by for Order.items by any columns from
Item, but is there a way I can order_by a column defined in Detail?

I've naively tried something as backref('items', order_by=Detail.id),
but because Detail is anonymously joined to Item as e.g. 'details_1',
I've received ProgrammingError:  invalid reference to FROM-clause
entry for table "details".