grach wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm relatively new to SQLAlchemy - is there any elegant workaround
> that SQLAlchemy provides for queries with in clause that contains more
> than 1000 items?
>
> I have, say, "date, item, value" table that I'd like to query for
> arbitrary set of dates and items (date and item list is provided by
> the user or generated by the program. (I'd like to avoid creating temp
> tables with arguments and perfoming a join).

Since you don't want to use a subquery/temp table, there's no other option
except to iteratively execute N number of queries where N is (number of
items / 1000), and piece the results together.

it can be as easy as:

def select_lots_of_stuff(collection):
    while collection:
        items, collection = collection[:1000], collection[1000:]
        for result in conn.execute(<select>.where(col.in_(items))):
            yield result