Manlio Perillo wrote:

> Michael Bayer ha scritto:
>> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> Here is the code I have:
>> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/178959/
>>
>> What each plugin do is:
>> - add additional columns in the select list
>> - add additional where clauses or order_by clauses
>>
>>> I don't see how you are getting column conflicts with that recipe:
>>

> Because each plugin added the additional tables used in the query select
> list:
>
> def get_content_article_by_slug(environ, content_type, query):
>     tables = [schema.content_article, schema.categories]
>
>     query = query.column(schema.content_article)
>     query = query.column(schema.categories)
>
>     return query, tables

just so I can understand fully can you modify the paste I sent to
illustrate exactly how the results are happening, as that can help me to
formulate the best version of this feature.

and yes the function is used in the ORM for the case where its
inconvenient to use use_labels, specifically here where the old
polymorphic_union function matches things up on column names.  That
function isn't needed except for a very fringe use case, which I
eventually want to roll into a more flexible polymorphic system that
wouldn't need to use UNION with joins.