Hi all,

I can't wrap my mind around a problem of naming mapped classes. Here
is an example to explain what is going on.

Suppose I have a table in the database called "comments". Now I have
two choices how to call the class that will represent "comments".
Either "class Comments" in plural, or "class Comment" in singular.

If I name the class in plural, "class Comments", then a query like:

    Session.add(Comments("a new comment"))

sounds weird. I am adding a new comment but using plural to refer to
it "I am adding a new Comments". Which is just weird.

The other possibility is to use singular, "class Comment". That fixes
the above problem but introduces a new problem, particularly,

    Session.query(Comment).all()

But now I am querying singular expression "get all comment" to get
plural out. My mind refuses to understand that.

Anyone else has the same issues on naming things?

I am thinking the workaround is to introduce aliases, "Comment" and
"Comments" and use them where necessary:

    Session.add(Comment("a new comment"))

and

    Session.query(Comments).all()

where both Comment and Comments refer to the same table.

Sincerely,
Peteris Krumins