would have to see how you've set things up in order for that to occur.   If you
use the Unicode type with default settings, the behavior is the same on 0.5 and
0.6 - Python unicodes are expected and a warning is emitted otherwise.  With
String,VARCHAR, CHAR, etc., this is not the case and plain strings can be
passed without warning.