On 08/04/2010 15:02, werner wrote:
Hi,

On 08/04/2010 08:18, prateeksha wrote:
Hi,

    I am a student and I am working on a project which uses python,
sqlalchemy and psqlite on windows. The problem is python is running
fine but I am not able to use sqlalchemy.

I have tries searching but no links give proper working steps to be
followed in WINDOWS.

Could someone please tell me the simple step by step procedure to
follow while installing and using sqlalchemy?
I use a little script for my .egg installs.

import pkg_resources
pkg_resources.require("setuptools")
from setuptools.command import easy_install

sitePKG = r"c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages"
##egg = "amara" - does not work for me yet
egg = "sqlalchemy"
##egg = "Sphinx"

# MULTI or SINGLE?????!!!
#
# m = multi
# Z = always unzip
# a = always copy
# x = exclude scripts
# d = install directory

### to uninstall
##easy_install.main(['-m', sitePKG, egg])

### to install - Multiversion
##easy_install.main(['-Zmaxd', sitePKG, egg])

### to install - Multiversion WITH SCRIPTS
easy_install.main(['-Zmad', sitePKG, egg])

Hope this helps
Werner

Forgot to mention that if you use "Multiversion" then you need this to do something like this when using/importing it:

import sys
if not hasattr(sys, 'frozen'):
    import pkg_resources
    pkg_resources.require("sqlalchemy") # get latest version
##    pkg_resources.require("sqlalchemy==0.5.8") # get specific version
import sqlalchemy as sa

Werner