I have a custom type NormalDate which uses to convert Integer Date
type to String Date type.

  but when I use form_statement to query the date.it did't work!

  however,it will work, if I use a query method...

  for example.

 crew = query.from_statement("SELECT * from crew_member where "  +

"rtrim(crew_member.lastname) || rtrim(crew_member.firstname) " +
                                                " like '%" + crew_name
+ "%'").first()

this will not work. crew.birthday shows "41274135"

but " user = query.filter(CrewMember.last_name.like(u'%j
%'.encode('gbk'))).first()" works well.

 and the crew.birthday shows "1969/06/23" this is want I want....

anybody any suggestion?