Ok, so I thought I might sacrifice getting all errors at once fore being able to validate default values, by using the mapper extension's before_update() and before_insert(). However, that also does not seem to work as the Column's default values are not applied at that point either.

--------------------------------------
Randy Syring
Intelicom
502-644-4776

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory
of God." 1 Cor 10:31

Randy Syring wrote:
Mike,

Thank you for your quick reply.

If I understand correctly, after_flush() will get called after the SQL
is actually sent to the db server.  If that is the case, then it is
too late for this validation as I would want the ability to test for
validation issues that would cause DB errors (i.e. NULL in non-NULL
fields, string lengths greater than the column size).

However, I can do some testing with it.