On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 11:08 -0700, jason kirtland wrote:

> > 1. I'm not sure why it wasn't that way already, and I'd want to hear from
> > Jason Kirtland, its author, on if we are missing something or otherwise
> > whats up.   I have a vague notion that there was a reason for this, or
> > maybe not.
>
> It's not something that can be easily solved in the general case with
> the current API. The mapped collections use a 'keyfunc' to figure out
> the dictionary key for loaded instances, for example
> 'operator.attrgetter("name")' for attribute_mapped_collection("name").
>  Mechanically reversing that logic in a setting operation sounds
> pretty hard to me, but perhaps if we allowed an 'assignfunc' function
> to be supplied that would do the trick.  Internally, the collection

I agree. The idea of an assignfunc crossed my mind as well.

Greetings, Torsten

--
DYNAmore Gesellschaft fuer Ingenieurdienstleistungen mbH
Torsten Landschoff

Office Dresden
Tel: +49-(0)351-4519587
Fax: +49-(0)351-4519561

mailto:torsten.landsch...@dynamore.de
http://www.dynamore.de

Registration court: Mannheim, HRB: 109659, based in Karlsruhe,
Managing director:  Prof. Dr. K. Schweizerhof, Dipl.-Math. U. Franz