We currently use your SQLAlchemy and it is just great.

We are in the process of updating to SQLAlchemy 0.6 and I found one
change due to the new handling of reflection in MetaData.reflect(),
file schema.py. Basically, reflect() is unchanged. But due to the new
implementation of bind.engine.table_names, it can only reflect tables
and no longer views (contrary to what was possible for many RDBS in
version 0.5).

Relevant piece of code in MetaData.reflect() is (unchanged between 0.5
and 0.6):

        available = util.OrderedSet(bind.engine.table_names(schema,

connection=conn))

Shouldn't 'available' be amended to include views (possibly optional),
given that reflection of views is supported now out of the box without
problems? Or am I overlooking something?

I know that I can easily get MetaData for views elsewhere (and do so
for the time being). I just suggest this feature as, for me, it looks
natural to add this functionality to reflect().