so here is the proposal - types.Unicode() renders VARCHAR2, not NVARCHAR2, when
oracle 8 is detected.

since NVARCHAR2 is essentially useless on oracle 8, correct ?

when I used to use oracle 8 we used VARCHAR2 for unicode data.  i wasn't aware
of the N- types at that time.

also the suite of changes here is going to roll in the "use_ansi" flag into the
oracle 8 detection, its a bit redundant to require it manually.