On May 28, 2010, at 5:43 PM, Michael Bayer wrote:

> you can use it right now like this (assuming usage of a scoped session):

OK, everything I said about this was incorrect.    I failed to remember that
the compiled_cache feature uses the actual statement object as a key.   All of
the statements we generate are generated on the fly so will therefore have
entirely different identities, and the compiled_cache itself when used in this
way will grow unbounded and you'll pretty much run out of memory very quickly.
So don't do that.

For the 0.6.1 release I am attempting to improve the internal statement caching
used by the mapper() to carry over its method savings across flush() calls.